T HIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Monday, Apr 06, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of artGalore.ca (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter the contest during the Contest Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found at https://www.artgalore.ca/contests-canada.cfm. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Contest Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
4) You will receive one (1) Entry PER E-MAIL ADDRESS in the Contest when you fill in the online contest entry form, which requires a person's name, email address, the name of the entity you want to nominate, the reason why you are nominating them, and answering the skill testing question correctly.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
5) On Monday, May 11, 2020 in Ottawa, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by e-mail and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by e-mail within five (5) business days of notification and provide the Sponsor with acceptance of the prize. The winner releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof. The winners grant to the Sponsor the right to use their selected entrant’s first name and last initial, city and province in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted by email within five (5) calendar days of selection, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
7) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) artGalore.ca Gift Certificate (approximate retail value $200 (CDN)) (“Grand Prize”) for the nominated winner, and (1) artGalore.ca Gift Certificate (approximate retail value $75 (CDN) for the person who made the nomination. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded based on the info provided by the person who is the owner of the e-mail address used to enter the contest.
8) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt. artGalore.ca will not accept entries by phone, fax, postal mail or any other method not specifically stated herein.
11) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
12) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or any other online social media platform. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not to any of the social media platforms.